Monday, June 11, 2012

Backyard Improvements

My Dad and I spent a lot of this past weekend working on getting theses two rose bushes that are in the back corner of our yard out. They were massive and pouring into both of our neighbors yards and intertwined with the tree you see at the top of the pic below. We got them cut down as close to the roots as we could and now just need to dig them out......on the agenda for next weekend. I want to do something completely different here just not sure what. There are several spots in the yard I just want to redo from what the original owners had done. I'm looking to do some things that don't involve actual plants.....I'm not that great at keeping up with them. I'm thinking more of a simple zen look. Maybe rocks, some lighting, stepping stones, a fountain or two depending on prices.



Here is another area that I really would like to work on. I think the best thing to do is squaring this area off. I definitely want to put rock down here instead of mulch and we could put one of the fountains in this area.


Here are some air plants I would like to hang underneath the deck.
 
I went to Lowes/Home Depot yesterday hoping the store would inspire
me for ideas in the backyard. I was pretty disappointed in what I saw and came home instead
with these two trees for the deck. I do like their addition on the deck.

1 comment: