Monday, June 11, 2012

18 weeks

How big is baby this week: 


http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/slideshow/how-big-is-baby.aspx?page=15

*Note....These weeks seem to be going by so fast!! I can't believe we are almost half way there.

Due Date: November 13, 2012

Weight Gain: -1 lb from starting weight. I think working out in the yard and the heat yesterday soaked up some water weight.

Symptoms: Felt great all week. I should mention that I have gone up a bra cup size (A to B) and my jeans definitely do not fit my waist comfortably anymore. I just can't get them buttoned. I did use the hair tie method on the button when I really wanted to wear my jeans this past Friday. I'm just in that in between stage where my jeans don't fit right and the maternity jeans I bought are just too baggy to stay up comfortably. I also have noticed that I've had some dried blood in my nose recently. I just read today that nosebleeds are common but I haven't had that yet. I'm starting to get annoyed by how I feel like I need to go to the bathroom ALL the time ALL day long! And it's only going to get worse. Really though if all I'm going through is clothes not fitting right and feeling the urge to go to the bathroom I can't complain....all is good! :)

Cravings: fruit and jalapenos

Aversions: Nothing really....I should try and give hamburger meat a try again but just not ready yet. Bryan REALLY wants me to eat the grass fed beef he has stocked in the freezer.

Sleep: Sleeping fine with the usual 2 bathroom visits a night. Still having vivid dreams. My doctor and nurse practitioner have not mentioned anything about how I should be sleeping. I read that you should lay on your left or right side and not on your back at a certain point. I've been trying to get used to that but I'm such a back sleeper when I wake up I'm always on my back. I'll have to get a pillow to prop up behind my back soon for later in the trimester.

I am loving: That Bryan cleaned out the spare bedroom ( he loved to put his clothes and shoes in there) and it's completely EMPTY now!! Now we can start decorating. :)

I miss: As much as I love deli meats it hasn't been too bad lately. I've just supplemented with salads for lunch. And yes, I would love to have a cold beer but I'm really not noticing it that much either. Someone did mention to me I should try the non alcoholic beer and I did while I was in Florida with my sister. It wasn't too bad and the few sips filled my craving. Thankfully I love water and iced tea.

I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on June 28th so we can get more pics and see how big Baby E has grown. I can't believe they only take 2 sets of pictures your whole 9 months of pregnancy. I guess I should be thankful as they said we would only get more ultrasound pics if there was something wrong that needed to be monitored.

I'm spazzing about:  No spazzing this week. :) I'm thinking this is a good thing or am I just being to relaxed about things??

Milestones: At our 17 week appointment we got to hear the heartbeat again. Baby E's heartbeat was at 155 and everything was progressing as normal.

Movements: At the appointment this week the nurse practitioner, Katie mentioned I should start feeling the baby kick at anytime. I really feel likeI have felt it but it's just soo hard to tell since it's not really strong and I can't tell if it's just other bodily movements or functions going on in there. I'm getting really anxious and excited to feel it and know that's exactly what it is! This may be too much detail but I thought it was really interesting....at the appointment Katie was able to show me the outline of where my uterus was and how much it had grown. It's growing as it should and the tip is just below my belly button ( I can actually feel with my finger where it stops.....so crazy but cool!).

It's a....: Now that it's getting so close to when we could actually find out the baby's gender it's going to be hard to wait until September. I know it will be fun to wait though so it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment