Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend in Review

Why do the weekends go by so fast??

For my half day on Friday I had a Philanthropy Event downtown STL helping out at the Juvenile Arthritis Foundation as part of our Intern/Mentor Summer Program. It was a pretty quick morning and was enjoyable to hangout with some of the other intern/mentors of the program while learning a little bit about juvenile arthritis.

We were having the baby's changing table delivered that morning so my mom thankfully was nice enough to stay at the house until they did. Unfortunately, I will be sending the product back. I think it looks great product quality wise but it's not white and that's what I wanted. Pottery Barn has 4 different white finishes and I ordered Simply White their most true, clean white finish. This is what it looked like.....
 
This looks like it's ivory or cream toned to me.
Especially next to the white chair railing.

Apparently, PB does not sell a true white color finish at all. I told them they needed to update their descriptions because it's very deceiving. So, on the look out for another crib/dresser set.


The boys fighting over an ice cube outside on the patio.
 Saturday morning Bryan enjoyed a short round of golf while I took the dogs on a Starbucks run.


Jaxson was looking for the puppy whip
they sometimes will give out at Starbucks. 
Sorry, boy they didn't this time.
























I decided to try something new a vanilla chai latte
thanks to my sis, Rebecca for the recommendation.
Very tasty but definitely a little rich.

Saturday evening we had a great time having dinner at the Ng's house. Grilled filets, chicken, veggies and homemade biscotti with coffee.

The boys taking a nap before heading over to the Ng's
 
Weekend Bump
Sunday we got up early to watch the British Open. I admit I actually enjoyed watching. Sarah came over and we took the dogs out to the Winfield area, picked up ice cream cones on the way and walked around the Dam area.


SOOO excited to get out of the house!

Down by the Dam

The dogs got Hot and Exhausted fast!!
Temps on Sunday were back up to 103
with Heat Advisory for the week.

Afterwards we watched 3 of the bizzarrest movies ever! We each picked one off of Netflix....not sure why all three of us picked one from the Thriller section. If you dare to see them here is this list.

1. The Perfect Host (2010)- with David Hyde Pierce who was a schizophrenic. (My Pick)
The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane  (1976)- with Jodie Foster who is a 13 yr old girl hiding a secret in her cellar. (Sarah's Pick)
3. Session 9 (2001)- with David Caruso, Stephen Gevedon, Paul Guilfoyle, and Josh Lucas an asbestos cleaning crew working on an abandoned mental hospital with a horrific past. (Bryan's Pick)

The most bizzare was probably the first one but it was also my favorite out of the three.




No comments:

Post a Comment