Thursday, May 10, 2012

Few Tidbits



  1. I thought it was worth mentioning that Baby E will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family. HOW FUN!!
  2. AND surprisingly will also be the first great-grandchild on 3 out of the 4 grandparent sides.
  3. My mom thinks she wants to be called OMA......I'm not so sure about this ( I am not a fan) hmmm....
  4. With this pregnancy has come a lot of gas....yes...I know a little embarassing (completely normal from what I've read) but hey I'm getting it all out there. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because Bryan find it's utterly disgusting which makes me find it more funny so I don't hold back. :)
  5. Bryan and I are looking at doing a water birth.

Bryan and I had our 13 week checkup today and Baby E was doing well. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time at a normal rate of 168.  I was super surprised by how small the fetal doppler machine was. I guess from tv I was expecting an ultrasound wand from a big machine but it was a tiny handheld device. The nurse said that the next time we hear the heartbeat it will be much louder so we can try to record it if we want on that visit. We got to meet our doctor for the first time this visit as well. (My mom knew her from working at the hospital and one of my friends used her for her first baby so I knew her somewhat). Bryan and I absolutely loved her! I totally feel so much more calm now going in for delivery. She just geled well with our personalities and with our plan of wanting to do things natural as much as we possibly can. News I was super ecstacic to hear was the hospital finally has their first water birthing tub!! Water birthing has not been a common thing in hospitals in the state of Missouri so we originally were going to plan a water birth at home. Mom and a few friends were not fans of this idea at all, of course just out of concern for baby and me. I am so happy to know this is an option we can do in the hospital, with our doctor, and not have to worry about mom, family and friends being worried about us. They have water birthing classes that we can sign up for around week 22 that also involves a tour of the actual birthing tub. I'm very excited for that.

The next appointment is in four weeks on June 7th and the next ultrasound will be in 7 weeks on June 28th (this will include more baby pics and envelope with baby's gender).

No comments:

Post a Comment