Monday, May 14, 2012

14 weeks

How big is baby this week: 
http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/slideshow/how-big-is-baby.aspx?page=11



Due Date: November 13, 2012

Weight Gain: No change from last week. Down 1 lb from starting weight.
Symptoms: Continuing to feel the thickness around my stomach and slight discomfort in lower stomach and back. Otherwise, I'm feeling good.

Cravings: Not too many cravings this week but probably olives and salads.

Aversions: Nothing is really bothering me at this point. I tried to eat a BBQ hamburger earlier in the week and I could only get about two bites down. It just wasn't appetizing.

Sleep: Sleeping fine with the usual 2 bathroom visits a night. I also have been having weird dreams.

I am loving:  That we got to hear baby's heartbeat and that there is a water birthing tub at the hospital. Love our doctor.

I miss: Deli meat and cold sandwiches. Cold deli sandwiches are probably one of my favorite things to eat and are always a go to item for me. Apparently, deli meat can carry the bacteria listeria.

I am looking forward to: Summer hours and half day Fridays starting next week at work .

I'm spazzing about: Finding comfy clothes to fit in for work. I really just wish I could wear my yoga pants.
I'm not liking how everyone instantly looks at my stomach to see if I'm showing yet. If anything I have a little fat roll sticking out and do not look pregnant.

Movements: I have felt what I would describe as flutters in the same general area the nurse found the baby's heartbeat. I have felt it just a few times and only when sitting down. I'm not exactly sure if it is the baby or not. I have read that most don't feel until weeks later but I have also read that sometimes smaller women do feel the baby earlier. When I know for sure I have felt the baby I will let you know if it was the same type of feeling.

Milestones: Got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. Second Trimester here we go!

It's a....: Baby Emerson's gender will be revealed at the baby shower......no official date has been set but after discussing with my sister we are looking at September 8th as a possibility.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to change your blog title to "Life with 4 B's"...because now you can add BABY! :-)

    ReplyDelete