Monday, May 7, 2012

13 weeks

How big is baby this week: 
http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/slideshow/how-big-is-baby.aspx?page=10

Due Date: November 13, 2012

Weight Gain: 1 lb down from starting weight but feel much heavier

Symptoms: Starting to feel some thickness around my stomach, I feel heavier even if it's not showing as much as what I feel. I'm having a little discomfort here and there in my stomach and lower back ( I assume due to stretching inside). Otherwise, I'm feeling good.

Cravings: I was craving a piece of chocolate cake earlier this week thanks to pinterest! I eventually broke down and just made one Sunday night but by the time it was done I wasn't hungry and it was time for bed. I brought it in to work today to share and did enjoy a piece.

Aversions: Same as before. One thing I can't believe I forgot to mention before was the smell of sauteed or fried onions. The smells are getting better and not noticing it as much.

Sleep: Sleeping fine with the addition of the now usual 2 bathroom visits a night.

I am loving:  My VS black yoga pants....so comfy! Also, loving all the cuddle time I've been having with Mosby and Jaxson.

I miss: Really wishing that we could have the Koa Kea  Hawaiian breakfast bar everyday at our house. :)

I am looking forward to: Our doctors appointment this Thursday.

Milestones: At the end of the first trimester this week. Wow, can't believe one down and two to go!

It's a....: Baby Emerson's gender will be revealed at the baby shower......no official date has been set but after discussing with my sister we are looking at September 8th as a possibility.

Additional comments: This past week I got really in to looking at baby items online. I found a crib and dresser/changing table that I really like a lot from Pottery Barn and would fit perfect in the small room that we have. Plus the way it's designed it has bottom storage drawers which will prevent the dogs from getting underneath it.  The bottom of our bed has been destroyed so I definitely want to eliminate that option for them. Bryan has started to research strollers and carseats. He LOVES reasearching things and I'm just too impatient to do that so works out perfectly. :) He found several on craigslist that were highly rated and  reasonably priced. I started several registries online but didn't get very far.....I have no idea what we need. So any blog readers who are moms please send me any items that you definitely would recommend and any items that we definitely don't need and can skip on.

I'm super excited Bryan and I are getting a new camera (Sony A57 DSLR) ....I'm actually picking it up tonight. I've always loved photography and love taking photos so this is something I've always wanted to get at some point. With the baby on the way this will be perfect. I will have several months to learn the camera in and out. I'm sure I'll be practicing on Mosby and Jaxson. ;) It has great picture quality, video and fast action capabilities.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these! So fun!! And you got your camera! I would love to see your PB crib! Send a link on Facebook (If you want!) How fun!!!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete