Friday, April 27, 2012

The Big Reveal

PREGNANT!
 Bryan and I started trying in August 2011 and even though we had been trying I was still surprised when it happened. I instantly called my sister Rebecca but she was in a work conference in California. I eventually just texted her a picture of the pregnancy test because I had to tell someone! She called me back instantly happily crying on the other end. Afterwards, I honestly paced our house for several hours until Bryan came home from work. I just couldn't believe it and I kept trying to think of a fun way to tell him. I should have been cooking dinner but of course my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't think of a way to tell him so I ended up just putting the pregnancy test (2 of them actually) on a plate on the kitchen table like I had set it up for dinner. When Bryan came home he knew something was going on because I was acting a little funny and had the weirdest smile smirk on my face when he came in trying to get him to look in the direction of the table to see. He was more interested in finding out where dinner was. He thought I had a special dinner setup outside on the deck. Haha, sorry babe. Eventually, he did notice the pregnancy tests and he asked "Is this for real?" He of course was very excited and probably more calm then I was.  :)

Around week 6-7 we told my parents via Skype with my sister, Rebecca. My mom was in the hospital at the time due to an asthma episode earlier in the week. We thought it would catch my mom and dad off guard if Becca were to be the one actually announcing the news. She made a super cute t-shirt that said FUTURE AUNT on it. It played out perfectly.....my mom could only see the top part of the shirt that said FUTURE AU.....my mom asked Becca what her shirt said, "Future what?" Mom thought it was an Alpha Chi sorority t-shirt at first. Then she saw that it said AUNT and spelled it out loud saying, "Oh what's that?
Oh, FUTURE AUNT"......then the slight screaming, crying and asthma attack started. :) Dad was there too right beside mom and was as pleasantly surprised. It was a good thing mom was in the hospital so she could have immediate breathing assistance. I felt a little bad but it was worth it and she recovered pretty quick from it.


We told Bryan's parents much later then I would have liked (almost week 9) but I really wanted to tell them the news in person. We were so excited that they were able to come down with the rest of the family minus Kaleigh and plus Jon's girlfriend over Easter weekend. As soon as they arrived I went and changed my shirt to a hot pink one that said Coming Soon 11.13.12. Bryan's mom noticed the bright shirt right away. I went over to show her so she could read it. She asked "So what does that mean?"  My response...."What you think it means  :)"...... Then I went over and showed Bryan's dad and he asked the same thing....My response..... "You'll be grandparents in November." His mom was happy giddy and his dad was super excited but a little speechless.



No comments:

Post a Comment