Friday, April 27, 2012

11 Weeks

A friend of my sister's did a blog like this during her pregnancy and I loved it! I may add categories and remove some along the way.....we'll just see how it goes for now.


How big is baby this week:

http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/slideshow/how-big-is-baby.aspx?page=8

Due Date: November 13, 2012

Weight Gain: So far 0 lbs

Symptoms: For the most part I have been really blessed and have felt really good. I've only had instances on 2 days. One of them I felt awful and did have to work from home but it was due to a lack of sleep. The second time really only lasted a little bit. For some reason I thought McDonald's looked and sounded good at the LA airport on our way to Hawaii. I ate half of my fries and half of my quarter pounder and within about 3 minutes I had to visit the toilet in the ladies room. Instantly felt better.  :)  I will not be trying any greasy foods again.


Cravings: I love fruit anyway but I am loving it even more....bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pineapple.  One of my favorite things we had to eat in Hawaii was the breakfast fruit bar at the Koa Kea Resort! This isn't really a craving but I discovered on our trip to Hawaii that I really like Ginger Ale. Bryan ordered it on the plane and I tried it and really liked it. I don't want to drink too many of them since they are like soda and there is a lot of sugar in them but it is a nice alternative to alcoholic drinks.


Aversions: I love Starbucks Iced Coffee but not now. I wouldn't say it makes me sick or anything it just doesn't have the same great taste I usually think it does. BBQ pork is one of my favorite foods but now the smell of it does make me nauseous. I have no desire to really eat meat. Shrimp and Ham has been ok for me.


Sleep: No problems yet. 


I am loving: That I am not sick all the time and that I was able to enjoy our Hawaiian vacation as much as we did. I was really worried when we found out we were pregnant that I would be sick the whole time and not be able to do any of the fun adventure stuff there.  I also love how Bryan talks about his little baby and how he can't wait to tell people.


I miss: Right now I don't miss anything yet.


I am looking forward to: Our next appointment on May 10th where we get to hear the heartbeat.

Best thing about this week: Telling the rest of my group at work and CUNE friends the news.


Milestones: This is a slight milestone for me....I am not a fan of flying and tend to have some anxiety when doing so. I was really worried when we got pregnant what I would do for our trip. I did relay this information to the nurse practitioner during our visits. She originally told me that I could only take benadryl. I was worried that my anxiety would just overpower the benadryl. So in our appointment a few days before our trip I reasked what I could do. The doctor did end up prescribing me something for anxiety. However, I was quite proud of myself that I was very calm and in control for all 6 flights we took there and back and I did not need to take any of the medications. I think Baby Emerson knew it and made me feel calm. ;)

It's a....: We obviously can't find out the sex just yet. However, the ideal plan is when we can find out have the doctor write the sex of the baby down and put in an envelope. This envelope may be given to my sister, Rebecca-if I feel I can trust her not to peek ;) so that she can give the envelope to a baker for a cake for the baby shower. At the baby shower Bryan and I would then cute the cake (not knowing) and reveal to family and friends at the same time by showing the inner icing color as either pink or blue. I think this will be a fun date to look forward to and will be exciting to share with family and friends all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment